The Senior Paralegal is responsible for mutual fund and closed end fund paralegal duties in a fast-paced legal department. This position provides paralegal support to the investment management areas of the Legal Department as needed. The Senior Paralegal also assists in-house counsel with various projects (corporate, investment advisers, hedge funds, private funds, global funds, real estate, etc.) The appropriate person will be a self-starter who can prioritize and work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Drafts and files SEC regulatory filings, including registration statements on Form N-1A and Form N-2.Coordinates Board of Trustees meetings, including drafting meeting agendas, materials, resolutions, and minutes and liaising with members of the Board regarding meetings and follow-up matters.
- Coordinates closed-end fund shareholder meetings – proxy, transfer agent and other meeting related requirements.
- Maintains the minute books and records for the mutual funds and closed-end funds.
- Serves as a liaison between the Legal Department and other departments and outside affiliates/legal counsel.
- Assists in the review of ISDA agreements and other derivatives-related agreements.
- Reviews and completes RFPs and DDQs.
- Assists members of the Legal Department and various agreements related to mutual funds and closed-end funds, including distribution related agreements.
- Assists in-house counsel as needed with special projects: fund launches, regulatory and internal audits, closing binders, due diligence materials, insurance, etc.
- Handles administrative support functions including but not limited to: editing/revising documents, filing, processing check requests and expense reports, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information including contracts, offerings, litigation, etc.
- Conducts legal research on a variety of topics.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Paralegal certificate required from an accredited ABA approved curriculum.
- At least 5 years of corporate paralegal experience, preferably in a financial services organization.
- Must have excellent research and drafting skills.
- Must have good attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with board book software like Diligent or Board Vantage.