COVERAGE ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY | JOB DESCRIPTION
Litchfield Cavo LLP is a premier litigation defense and insurance coverage law firm founded in 1998 on one principle—client service comes first. Our attorneys operate out of 22 offices, serving clients in more than 35 states nationwide. Collectively, we are a resource of experienced trial attorneys providing creative and responsive service.
Our Chicago, IL and Highland, IN offices are growing and actively seeking a coverage associate attorney who is interested in growing their career among our more than 275 attorneys who value client relationships and foster open and honest communication with integrity and professionalism.
Litchfield Cavo offers a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefits package in a dynamic work environment that provides substantial opportunities for professional development.
OPPORTUNITY | Coverage Associate Attorney
Litchfield Cavo seeks a well-rounded, highly-motivated coverage associate attorney with two to four years’ experience and an eagerness to learn. Must be licensed to practice in Illinois. Indiana court admissions desirable, and required if working from IN office. This is an exceptional opportunity to handle insurance coverage and coverage litigation matters for nationwide insurance clients with a forward-thinking firm. Prior experience working with insurance coverage is preferred.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
The individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with the following:
- proactively work independently and as part of a team;
- demonstrate strong legal research, problem solving and analytical skills;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- strong attention to detail with superb organization and prioritization skills;
- ability to move from case to case;
- knowledge of both state and federal court procedures; and,
- proficiency with MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and navigating the internet.
Responsibilities include handling a substantial caseload and will involve many aspects of insurance law, with an emphasis on insurance coverage issues and related litigation. The following are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to do this job successfully under the direction of a partner:
- analyze and apply insurance policy provisions to claims;
- conduct legal research to identify and evaluate coverage issues;
- draft, prepare and handle pleadings, motions, orders and legal memoranda;
- draft coverage opinions and declaratory judgment pleadings;
- draft and respond to written discovery and dispositive motions;
- assist with and participate in depositions, mediations and court appearances;
- review client documents, draft case evaluations and status report correspondence; and,
- interact directly with clients, claim professionals, opposing counsel, colleagues and staff.
Our Firm provides an experienced support staff, current technology, ongoing training, and full-time IT and marketing departments.
Please email your cover letter, resume and writing sample through Indeed only.
Litchfield Cavo LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Our Firm supports and encourages workforce diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other status protected by law in any of our recruitment, hiring or placement processes.
Job Type: Full-time