Well-established, high-volume suburban family law and estate planning practice is seeking an Associate Attorney with strong litigation skills and a minimum of five years of family law/domestic relations experience. The ideal candidate will be proficient in handling and assisting in complex divorce, child-related, and other family law matters. This position provides the opportunity to grow professionally as the firm grows. Salary is negotiable based upon experience.
- Juris Doctor from ABA-accredited law school
- Minimum of five years’ experience with family law experience
- Experience with procedures and court rules for Will, Cook, and DuPage Counties a plus
- Comfortable with court appearances, specifically hearings and trials
- Meticulous research capabilities
- Significant motion practice preferred
- Impeccable writing skills
- Extensive drafting experience of pleadings and orders
- Experience with the preparation and review of discovery
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work with highly emotional clients who find themselves in an extremely stressful family litigation situation
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Very organized and detail-oriented
- Strong work ethic
Applicants must be licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois. Compensation is commensurate with experience and skill and subject to performance-based review. Our firm’s attorneys are encouraged to invest time and effort in their own professional development, networking, and teaching opportunities to invest in the development of other family law attorneys as well as professional connections that our firm works with. Generous benefits package includes retirement, healthcare, 401k contribution, short-term disability, and other benefits.